Address: 400 East Gambier Street
Architectural Style: Gothic Revival
Year Built: c. 1860
Architect/Builder: S. A. Vance
Original Owner: S. A. Vance

This home was built during the late 1860s by S. A. Vance, a retired sea captain and local mill wright.

An example of early Gothic Revival architecture, the home features bargeboard (or “gingerbread”) trim, a hanging finial and pendant, and wooden hoodmolds.  A four-columned porch with lancet recesses adds interest to the façade.