|Address:||22 East Ohio Avenue|
|Year Built:||c. 1905, altered c. 1950s|
Prior to service as a singular commercial unit, the western storefront once served as a motion picture house, one of several within downtown Mount Vernon, from the time of its construction sometime around 1905 until around 1910. This small turn-of-the-century brick commercial building possesses several distinct features. Most noticeable about this building are the two central oriel windows, as well as oriel windows located near the southeast and northwest corners of the building. The cornice is a long series of simple frieze panels. The two storefronts, now functioning as a singular commercial unit, are covered with vertical paneling, and the display windows have been replaced with small, single-pane windows. It is uncertain the exact year the narrow single-story brick extension just west of the building was constructed, though it was built sometime after 1949. This is one of the few buildings south of Ohio Avenue that remains from the pre-1959 Flood and pre-1913 Flood eras.