|Address:||20 West Ohio Avenue|
|Year Built:||c. 1920s|
This is one of the few buildings south of Ohio Avenue that remains from the pre-1959 Flood era. While this single-story brick L-shaped building does not possess many distinct architectural features, it follows the form of many early industrial- and automotive-type venues found within Mount Vernon. Constructed circa-1920s,, just as automobiles were beginning to widely replace horse-drawn vehicles, the building mainly served the downtown district as an automotive repair garage, and later as a used-car showroom. A wide recessed entrance, with two standard-sized doors on either side of a large plate-glass window, is flanked by wide aluminum-framed display windows. Two frieze panels located in the staggered parapet, rising above a hangar roof, are now boarded, and the building is covered with painted stucco. Very few major alterations have occurred to the exterior or interior of this building.