|Address:||10-12 East Gambier Street|
|Year Built:||c. 1880s, altered c. 1900|
|Original Owner:||James George|
This building housed James George's bakery, the same James George who owned the grocery at the opposite end of the block. Constructed in the mid-19th century, this two-story building is reminiscent of Mount Vernon's expanding commercial district during this period. George's trade began to increase with the success of mercantilism in Mount Vernon, and it was necessary for him to have a larger bakery in order to meet the demands of his customers. This building was likely constructed around the same time that George expanded his grocery into the space formerly occupied by his bakery.
The 2nd-story windows are seemingly arranged for function rather than aesthetics, as they are not evenly distributed across the facade and are different sizes. The cornice is defined by a series of small, plain brick corbels. The western storefront, smaller than the other two, retains a wood frame around the display windows, transoms, and recessed door. An exterior door in the northeast corner of the building and provides access to the 2nd floor, and although the door has been replaced and the transom boarded, it retains a plain sandstone lintel.