|Address:||217 South Main Street|
|Year Built:||c. 1940|
The only major alterations to the exterior of the building is the removal of dentils from the cornice. Like other mid-20th century buildings within the Downtown Mount Vernon Historic District, this three-story 1940s brick building was constructed to imitate earlier structures that line South Main Street, as well as staying in line with the burgeoning Colonial Revival theme. Its overall architectural appearance is influenced by the Federal style. The building has recently undergone interior and exterior renovations, including new upper-level windows and aluminum-framed storefront windows. The windows are framed with what appears to be concrete, with concrete lintels and spandrels. The cornice appears to be a combination of concrete and stone. Quoins and a thick continuous sill, located beneath the 2nd-story windows, are both of white stone blocks. The exposed upper-portion of the southern facade is an interesting conglomeration of large concrete frieze panels and small mullion windows with eight smaller panes in each frame.