|Address:||104 South Main Street|
A typical late-1950s vernacular commercial structure, this two-story cement block building is faced with blond brick. The three-bay storefront consists of aluminum-framed glass windows and large recessed double doors, and are the only windows located in the building. The 2nd story of this building is divided into three horizontal segments, each segment defined by a single course of brick recessed slightly into the face of the building. This building was built just prior to the devastating 1959 Flood, at which time it housed the J. C. Penney Co. Perhaps the most significant features of this building is the metal "Fallout Shelter" placard that is attached, a humble reminder of the very real concerns of living in the midst of the Cold War.