|Address:||135 South Main Street|
|Year Built:||c. 1890; 1958; altered c. 2001|
Located on the northwest corner of South Mulberry and Gambier Streets, this complex is a combination of both 19th and 20th century design. The rear portion of the building was constructed around 1890, while the front brick-faced steel-frame building was constructed in 1958, after a fire razed the front portion of the original three-story structure. The 1958 addition does well to add to the historic nature of Mount Vernon's downtown commercial district by imitating the Federal style of some of the earlier structures that line South Main Street. White stone quoins are present on all three of the exposed corners. The 2nd-story windows have stone sill and flat-arch lintels with keystone, as well as purely decorative shutters. The overhanging cornice is clearly defined in both color and a change in material. The three-story building to the rear of the 1958 addition is constructed of load-bearing brick. The southern facade, facing Gambier Street, is defined by deep-set windows that retain their original stone sills.