|Address:||203 East Vine Street|
|Year Built:||c. 1861|
|Original Owner:||Dr. Jonathan N. Burr|
Dr. Jonathan N. Burr, a prominent local physician, built this home shortly before the Civil War. In the late-1850s, Burr had purchased a larger house on East High Street, which was his home. He likely built this house and its neighbor to serve as rental properties.
This fine Italianate house has many characteristics of that style, including a wide cornice supported by alternating large and small brackets. The very ornate front porch is most likely a later 20th century addition, as well as the tall French windows. Like its neighbor, this home features a two-story octagonal bay projecting from the front. Unlike its neighbor, this home features two arched windows in the door, topped by a transom.