|Address:||18 North Gay Street|
|Year Built:||1927; extended 1962|
This church was constructed in 1927 to replace an earlier church that dated back to 1865. The 1962 addition was constructed on the former site of the Third Ward Fire Engine House. Gay Street United Methodist Church is built so close to Saint Paul's Episcopal Church that it is necessary for a person to walk sideways through the tiny alley.The most prominent feature of this church is the high bell tower and the large, extremely recessed entrance protected by an even larger segmented arch atop a series of stone steps. Numerous large stained glass windows are present throughout the building.