|Address:||114 East Chestnut Street|
|Architectural Style:||Greek Revival|
|Year Built:||c. 1860|
The building was erected in the early-1860s to provide office space for the Knox County Sheriff. It is located at the northwest corner of the Knox County Courthouse. The County Jail (razed) was at that time located on the opposite side of the Court House yard. Shortly after it was built, the building became the County Prosecutor's office, which it remains today. Like the Knox County Courthouse, this tiny office building was built in the Greek Revival style. Plain brick pilasters rise from the stone foundation to support the disproportionate pediments, which are detailed with dentils. The windows and doors are capped with plain stone lintels, and are stationed between pairs of pilasters. Earth has been removed from the southern foundation to replace the stone foundation there with cement blocks.