|Address:||406 East High Street|
|Architectural Style:||Greek Revival|
|Year Built:||c. 1854|
Built sometime around 1854, this Greek Revival house was most likely built under the direction of William Wright. Wright was a wealthy farmer from the nearby Village of Gambier. It is unknown whether he lived in the home or simply used it as a rental property. Its robust front-facing pediment is characteristic of the basic temple shape found in Greek Revival architecture. In addition, the sidelights and transom surrounding the front door, as well as the original 6-over-6 paned windows are further exhibitions of Greek Revival. Aluminum siding and the cast-iron front porch were added sometime in the 1960s, although the small rear addition was likely added in the late-19th century.