|Address:||212 North Gay Street|
|Year Built:||c. 1875|
|Architect/Builder:||Henry B. Curtis (?)|
|Original Owner:||Henry B. Curtis|
The home was built by Henry B. Curtis, and was probably intended as a rental property. The fine quality of both the home’s design and building materials is representative of the usual care which Curtis almost always took in the construction of his numerous building projects. The home remains as one of the most important pieces of the area’s cultural fabric.
A cornice with paired brackets, segmented windows (lacking stone lintels), and a hip roof are all Italianate characteristics of this home. The front door has a transom light and an early wing in the rear is built partially of brick and of wood. The front porch likely dates from the early-1900s.