|Address:||508 North Main Street|
|Year Built:||c. 1872|
|Original Owner:||George H. Tilton|
The home was built by George H. Tilton, who, along with a partner, owned and operated a grocery in downtown Mount Vernon. After his death, his wife continued living here.
Built in 1872, the home is one of the street’s finest Italianate buildings. It has many original features, including a cornice with paired brackets, truncated hip roof that may once have had a cupola, segmented windows with brick lintels, and an ornate front porch. Sidelights, transom, and chimneys are also original to the home.