|Address:||3 East Chestnut Street Street|
|Architectural Style:||Greek Revival|
|Year Built:||c. 1820|
|Original Owner:||Henry B. Curtis|
The building was built sometime after 1820 by Henry B. Curtis, a wealthy attorney and banker, who was responsible for much of the development of this area of Mount Vernon. The building lies to the rear of another built by Curtis, which faces Main Street, at 100 North Main.
The building features basic Greek Revival elements, such as a simple pediment suggested by cornice returns and a corbelled brick entablature. The structure has two doors, one of which still has the original door surround, including a transom. The windows, of which some are still 6-over-6 sash, have stone lintels and sills. Some of the windows on the 1st story have been replaced.