|Address:||506 North Gay Street|
|Year Built:||c. 1880|
|Original Owner:||Henry B. Curtis|
The home was built around 1880 by the Henry B. Curtis family as part of the family’s efforts to develop the area around it. Aside from the fact that it lacks a mansard roof, the home is virtually a twin of one directly across the street, which was also built around the same time and by the same family.
A bracketed cornice under a hip roof, segmental windows, carved stone lintels, and a bay window with brackets and stone trim, are among the home’s preserved Italianate features. Two porches, on the front and side facades, are of a rather ornate Gothic design. A wooden addition with brackets was added shortly after the original construction, between the main section of the home and a rear servants wing.