|Address:||105 East Woodside Drive|
|Architectural Style:||Greek Revival; Vernacular|
|Year Built:||c. 1848|
Cornish Place was built sometime around 1840 by Norman Williams Putnam. Putnam was born on October 17, 1800 in Windsor County, Vermont. He came to Ohio in 1829 and worked in the Kenyon College store until 1834, when the facility closed. Putnam married Maria Douglass in February 1833, and sometime during that same year the rest of his family joined him in Gambier. His mother died shortly after in 1837. Putnam served Harcourt Parish as a vestryman for 42 years and as a justice of the peace from 1850 to 1859. He later turned his home into a boarding house, and grew many of the fruits and vegetables that he served his boarders.
The original part of the house is L-shaped, and exhibits many elements of the Greek Revival style, including a moderately pitched roof and symmetrical windows and door. The front gable portion was built first, c. 1848, and the east ell was added sometime later based on the window configuration, likely in the 19th century. The windows retain 6-paned window sashes found in Greek Revival architecture, as well as classical styled lintels. A small porch wraps extends from the southeast corner of the house, with a flat roof supported by doric columns. This was most likely added in the early 20th century. Several additions were made to the rear of the house, but do not distract from the original portion of the home.