|Address:||406 East Wiggin Street|
|Year Built:||c. 1860|
Very little is known about this house or its previous owners. In 1906, a John Crow is listed as the property owner, but it is not known what his occupation was, but he was most likely a farmer. Altogether, Crown owned a 19-acre tract of land, and had another large acreage elsewhere in College Township. The house appears to have been built in two stages, with the western two-thirds of the structure likely built sometime in the 1860s, and the eastern third sometime in the mid- to late-20th century. The addition blends very well with the original structure. The hip roof was redone at the time the addition was built to cover the entire building with a single, seamless roof. It retains the wide cornice overhang typical of Italiante architecture, although cornice brackets no longer exist. The windows are flanked by decorative shutters, and a chimney exists on the western elevation of the home.