|Address:||301 East Wiggin Street|
|Year Built:||c. 1865|
This house was most likely built sometime around the time of the Civil War. Daniel Forbes owned the house in 1871, but little is known about him. When College Township broke away from Pleasant Township, Forbes won the position of township clerk in the first township election, held December 21, 1838. His primary occupation was as a farmer, but he also operated a boarding house for students who attended Kenyon College. In the 1870 census, Forbes attended to 17 students.
The home is a two-story Italianate with a hipped room. Cornice brackets that are typically used in Italianate architecture have been removed. The tall narrow windows are surrounded by simple wood frames. A front porch with simple square wood columns extends over the front entrance.