|Address:||201 East Wiggin Street|
|Architectural Style:||Dutch Colonial Revival|
|Year Built:||1933; c. 1986|
While this house was not built until the early-20th century, the foundation on which the house stands dates to 1866. The property was once owned by Gambier butcher Thomas R. Head, who was born on August 5, 1823 in Hampshire County, Virginia. The Head family moved to near to Gambier in 1835, when Thomas was twelve years old. Thomas married Angeline Derby, of Morrow County, in October of 1849. She was born in New York State on July 17, 1826. Thomas Head worked as a butcher for twelve years, when in 1861 his interests turned to farming, which he did for twenty years. Head built the original house on this property in 1866, as indicated by the foundation's cornerstone.
The house burned sometime in the early 1920s, but the foundation remained sturdy enough to accomodate the current house, which was built in 1933 in the Dutch Colonial style popular during the early-20th century. It stands one and a half stories tall, with a large shed dormer extending from the gambrel roof, defined by three separate windows with decorative shutters. The home is divided into a large central section, with two smaller, symmetrical wings. Further adding to the symmetry is the central chimney. The main entrance is offset to the west, and is protected by a pediment hood supported by two simple brackets.