|Address:||103 Chase Avenue|
|Year Built:||c. 1885|
This house may have been moved to this location sometime in the late-19th or early-20th century. It is possible, though, that it was built soon after a fire in 1885 that was supposed to have destroyed this block along Chase Avenue. The home was at one time occupied by a window known as Mrs. Cunningham, who was reported to have been very fond of children. Not much is known about this widow, but her husband was a vestryman of Harcourt Parish.
The cornice of this simple frame Italianate house is defined by paired brackets, and the roof is topped by a central chimney. The nearly full-length front porch was added sometime between the original construction of the house and 1897. It's delicate, thin square columns with elaborate three-part Stick Style brackets is more in line with Queen Anne architecture. There is a single-story breezeway that connects this house to the adjacent building to the north, that was added sometime in the 20th century, most likely when Kenyon College bought the property.