|Address:||308 East Brooklyn Street|
|Architectural Style:||Gothic Revival|
|Year Built:||c. 1865|
William Wood was an English-born stonecutter, and is likely responsible for working on several of the buildings on the Kenyon College campus. Wood built this house sometime around 1865. It was later owned by A. B. Hutchinson in 1871, who was a farmer and stock dealer. By 1896 the property had transferred to H. Harvey.
This is a beautiful Gothic Revival cottage, and retains many of its original features. The most eye-catching feature is the use of gingerbread style bargeboards in the eaves of the front gable. The sandstone lintels and sills in the windows provide a nice contrast to the brick walls. The central entrance is topped by a small transom, and is covered by a Queen Anne style porch that was likely added at a later date. Delicate turned spindle columns support the porch roof, with decorative bands of spindles between each directly beneath the porch eaves. A small one story addition to the rear was constructed at a later date.