|Address:||306 East Brooklyn Street|
|Architectural Style:||Gothic Revival; Queen Anne|
|Year Built:||c. 1860|
The 1871 Knox County atlas shows a house standing on this lot that belong to William Durbin, and may very well have been the house that stands here today. By 1896 the property had transferred to W. H. Jacobs.
This small house was originally constructed in the Gothic Revival style cottage, with central cross gable projecting from the roof. This gable most likely had decorative bargeboard, which has since been removed. Queen Anne dressing was introduced to the house sometime in the late-19th or early-20th century, including the bright contrasting colors of the siding and the fishscale shingles lining the front gable, and the large picture windows that decorate the front facade. The large central pane and smaller side panes is a common element of Queen Anne windows. An addition was made on the west side of the house sometime in the mid-20th century.