|Address:||207 East Brooklyn Street|
|Architectural Style:||Vernacular Greek Revival; Italianate|
|Year Built:||c. 1855|
Oak Knoll, as it was known in the 19th century, was built by the Reverend M. A. Tyng who, for a time, served Harcourt Parish as its rector. He also taught at Bexley Hall Episcopal Seminary and Kenyon College, both located in Gambier.
This house was not built with a single architectural style in mind, but rather exhibits a mixture of several different styles. This was common during periods where owners wanted to hold on to older architectural styles, but also liked and wanted to include elements of newer styles. This appears to be the case with this structure. The house retains local building traditions from the Federal period, although the majority of the building is heavily influenced by Greek Revival window arrangements. The most prominent feature of this house is the Italianate bay window that was added sometime around the 1870s. The wide side porch on the east face extends almost the entire length of the first floor, and the projecting 2nd-floor bay window above it were likely added around the same time.